Thursday, January 12, 2012

being out of line


I don't wish to sound like an intellectual snob who has just finished 6 years of private schooling, which I haven't anyway, but I've just come to the realization that I must stop watching TV to stay sane. It almost kills me to be aware of all the bad things that are happening in this big bad world, while my TV rants about the shittiest things imaginable.

Anyway, to whom it may concern, last night I learned some Portuguese. These three phrases will get me far if I'm ever in Brazil.

Lesson one:
É este o meu hambúrguer?
(Because Brazilian people like to be asked even the silliest most obvious things. And I have a feeling the friendship between me and any hamburger in sight will be as close as ever.)

Lesson two:
Perdoem-me, mas é INSUPORTÁVEL!
(Bottling up your emotions is not advisable anywhere. I think.)

Lesson three:
Esse club ta aberto?
(After a lazy, dusty and doggy day in the favela, I have to cool down somehow.)

This movie is probably more or less bad, but I'm going to watch it out of respect for my ever growing appetite for sweddish crime novels. The part with no private schooling seems obvious enough right now, doesn't it?

London, I miss you so much it hurts my eyeballs looking at the pictures I took of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment