Monday, January 23, 2012

when you're sad you should stop being sad and be awesome instead.


a couple of summers back, i was hanging out with my lover and we decided to get pizza for dinner. we were bohemian like that sometimes. i wanted to eat it on the sidewalk, in front of the Metropolitan Library, but he didn't want to, cause it was somewhat cold for june and he hated the cold, i knew that. i said i really wanted to, so he smiled his smile and agreed. we decided to attack the first pizza place we saw, because we had walked a lot that day and didn't want to walk much further. the man at the pizza parlor said hi and we said hello. he asked us what we wanted and my lover turned to me with questioning eyes. i like my pizzas crazy hot and with not too many toppings, but i knew he had a special bond with pineapple on a pizza (which I would never ever understand), so I picked tropical, since he had agreed to fight the cold in front of the library to eat it with me. the man said we kids looked like good kids and that he was going to give us a special treat. i laughed my laugh and commented he must have been having a good day. he looked at me in perplexed awe and waved his arms into the air. "everyday is a good day. you make it beautiful." i smiled. I thought of my lover, because we hadn't been having too many good days then. the man continued. "even if other people upset you, at the end of the day it is yours and you make it beautiful, okay?" i nodded as if knowing that was the greatest truth of all truths. and it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment